Table Tennis Convenor
Hong Kong Cricket Club Table Tennis Society 10/11
Table Tennis is the most played sport in the world. Hong Kong, China, England, Germany and most Asian countries have top ranked players. The Hong Kong Cricket Club is pleased to offer Table Tennis at competition and social levels. To enhance the skills and passion for the sport, the HKCC Table Tennis section meets regularly for training, matches and social events. The team also actively promotes the sport by engaging teams and players from all walks of life in the Hong Kong community. We welcome sports clubs, institutions, non-profit organizations, schools and local Table Tennis clubs to set up joint Table Tennis events with us.
Table Tennis is the foundation of many racquet sports and is used by professional athletes as an off-season training aid. As table tennis is one of the fastest pace sports, it is a great way to improve hand eye coordination for all ages. The sport is also a fun way to exercise and stay close to family and friends. And it can be played regardless of the weather condition outside.
Practice sessions are every Thursday at 8.30pm in the Multi-Purpose Room.
- Thursday night friendly games
- Training and coaching
- Matches with other Sports Clubs and local Table Tennis Clubs
- Annual Club Championship
- Members are encouraged to enter local open tournaments organized by the Hong Kong Table Tennis Association
For enquiries or if you would like to join us, please contact the Sports Desk of the Hong Kong Cricket Club (email@example.com)
Table Tennis (Team Practice)
|Thursday ||7:15 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. |
News / Events
Annual Championship 2016 - 8th January 2017
By Felix Tang
The battle of two Henrys...
Our Annual Championship, or aptly named the "Convenor's Cup" was successfully held in early
January this year - this time designed in a slightly different format, as players were split into three random pools: the winner of each group would play each other to determine the eventual champions. Also, for the first time, we organised mixed doubles in conjunction with this year's Tournament.
The growth of the Table Tennis section in the past year has been particularly encouraging, which was demonstrated with the number of new faces (and old, of course!) who showed up at this tournament.
Congratulations to Henry Chan, our long-time member but first time participant in the Tournament for winning in an exhilarating fashion. Henry, in a very tightly contested final, beat Henry Wong (also a previous champion) in seven breathtaking sets. We hope to see more new members next
For more News on Club Table Tennis, click on "The Pinkun"
Table-Tennis Booking System
When the Multi-Purpose Room has not been booked or reserved for other scheduled activities, Table-Tennis may be played on a booking basis (bookings restrict to one hour).
Booking may be made in person or by telephone to the Club Sports Desk at 3511 8668; please note that advance bookings may not be made more than seven days in advance.
Table-Tennis Booking - The Rules
- When the Multi-Purpose Games Room has not been booked or reserved for other scheduled activities, Table Tennis may be played on a bookable basis.
- Bookings may be made in person or by telephone to the Club Reception Desk.
- Advance bookings may not be made more than seven days in advance.
- Consecutive bookings or usage, either by the person booking or using the Table Tennis Tables or by any of
his partners or opponents, are not permitted.
- Bookings are restricted to one hour.
- Children under eight years of age may participate in games but shall be accompanied and supervised by an
adult Member at all times.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the time of booking the Table Tennis.
- Any failure to sign the book at reception or any non-appearance in respect of a prior reservation or any failure to give a minimum of 24 hours due notice of cancellation will result in a fine of HK$100 or such other sum as may be determined by the General Committee, being debited to the Members account.
Footwear – Outdoor shoes and shoes which may leave marks on the floor surface are not permitted.
Smoking – Smoking is not permitted in the Multi-Purpose Games Room.
Food and Drink – The consumption of food and/or drink is not permitted.
Mobile Telephones and Pagers – The use of mobile telephones and pagers is not permitted.